Clinical Trial ID: NCT03312569
A Multi-Center Prospective Comparison of Intracorporeal and Extracorporeal Anastomoses for Minimally Invasive Right Colectomy
This is a prospective multicenter observational study to evaluate outcomes of intracorporeal and extracorporeal anastomoses for robotic-assisted and laparoscopic right colectomies.
The primary endpoint of the study is the incidence of incisional hernia for intracorporeal and extracorporeal anastomoses within one year after the right colectomy procedure. Incidence of incisional hernia either patient self-reported or clinical diagnosis will be assessed at one year after the right colectomy procedure.
Experimental: Intracorporeal Anastomosis
Participants will undergo either robotic-assisted or laparoscopic surgery with an intracorporeal anastomosis due to begin or malignant Right Colon Disease.
Experimental: Extracorporeal Anastomosis
Participants will undergo either robotic-assisted or laparoscopic surgery with an extracorporeal anastomosis due to begin or malignant Right Colon Disease.
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Subject is 18 years or older
- Subject undergoing either laparoscopic or robotic-assisted right colectomy for benign or malignant right colon disease
- Subject undergoing intracorporeal or extracorporeal anastomosis proximal to mid-transverse colon
- Subject is contraindicated for general anesthesia or surgery
- Emergent Case
- Subject has perforated, obstructing or locally invasive neoplasm (T4b)
- Subject with inflammatory bowel disease
- Subject with prior incisional hernia repair
- Planned right colectomy along with major concomitant procedures (e.g. hepatectomies, other intestinal resections).
- Metastatic disease with life expectancy of less than 1 year
- Pregnant or suspect pregnancy
- Subject is mentally handicapped or has a psychological disorder or severe systemic illness that would preclude compliance with study requirements or ability to provide informed consent
- Subject belonging to other vulnerable population, e.g, prisoner or ward of the state
Nct ID Number
Secondary Trial ID Number