faculty position: thoracic surgery and thoracic surgical oncology
The Division of Surgery at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is seeking a full-time academic thoracic surgeon to join our faculty in Thoracic Surgery with a focus on thoracic surgical oncology.
Based on the campus of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, a 500-bed tertiary facility in a vibrant urban setting, Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is the Southeast patient care hub for the MD Anderson Cancer Network®, in partnership with MD Anderson / Houston. S/he will focus on all components of general thoracic surgery including esophageal diseases (excluding trauma and thoracic transplantation) and join an experienced team. Experience with all minimally invasive and open surgical approaches is expected and fellowship training in thoracic surgical oncology or equivalent experience is desired.
The successful candidate will
- Have completed an ACGME-approved program in Thoracic Surgery; be eligible for certification / certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, and have or acquire an unrestricted Florida Medical License;
- Demonstrate a commitment to our multidisciplinary integrated model of cancer care
- Fully support the clinical, scholarly, and educational missions of our program including developing standard protocols for patient care, improving quality metrics and creating scholarly work;
- Display the passion, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills to build an active clinical practice, develop areas of productive scholarship, and engage internal and external physician;
- Have a level of clinical and academic achievement to warrant appointment as an Adjunct Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center;
- Significantly influence the direction of our program, and join like-minded faculty committed to our mission of Making Cancer History!
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center provides comprehensive, integrated oncology services in partnership with the nation’s leading cancer center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions’ most preferred healthcare provider and the only health system in the Southeastern United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care.
Our recently opened 9-story, 330,000 square foot Cancer Center incorporates state-of-the-art design, construction, technology, and art to create a patient-centered facility dedicated solely to providing the full spectrum of oncology care in a healing environment for our patients and their families.
Northeast Florida offers world-renowned quality of life. The area serves as home to some of the best cost of living and recreation that the Sunshine State has to offer. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks and entertainment for families of all ages. Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the top most-desirable cities for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is the ideal setting to call home.
Baptist MD Anderson is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of a diverse faculty.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a letter describing their clinical and academic interests to: Subrato Deb, MD, FACS; Chief, Section of Thoracic Surgery and Christopher M. Pezzi, MD, FACS; Head, Division of Surgery Email: email@example.com Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center 1301 Palm Avenue Jacksonville, FL 32207 BaptistMDAnderson.com