SURROUNDING WITH CARE Cancer Nutrition Services
Cancer Nutrition Services
Maintaining good nutrition is especially important during cancer treatment. However, the disease and its treatments can change how you taste, swallow or chew your food, and can temporarily change how your body uses food.
At Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center, our registered dietitians are specialized in oncology nutrition and are here to help you cope with nutritional side effects or concerns before, during and after cancer treatment. Your dietitian will provide education, assessment and counseling to you and your family, working with your health care team to identify opportunities for nutritional intervention or support.
Nutrition services include:
- Screening and assessment for nutritional risk
- Management of treatment side effects
- Individualized nutrition assessments, counseling and nutrition recommendations based on your specific therapies and nutrition needs
- Nutrition for cancer prevention
- Management of nutrition support