Bringing an End to Cancer
The mission of Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center is to help bring an end to cancer in every way we can through patient care, research, prevention programs, and education.
Our vision is to be your premier cancer center, based on the excellence of our people, our research-driven patient care and our science. At Baptist MD Anderson, we care about you—your health, your loved ones and all that makes you, you. You are more than just a diagnosis—you are a unique person with a life outside of cancer and we are here to help you get back to it.
Together with MD Anderson Cancer Center, we are dedicated to Making Cancer History®.
Baptist MD Anderson Cares
Our Core Values
We are called to improve lives within the community, by providing excellent care for people whose lives have been interrupted by cancer. Our values are woven into everything we do. Here are a few ways Baptist MD Anderson CARES:
- Community Advocacy We promote the health of the community and individuals in need through responsible action and charitable service
- Respect We treat everyone with dignity, compassion and integrity, creating a culture that celebrates the diversity and inclusiveness of all individual
- Excellence We embrace collaboration, creativity and continuous research to provide the highest quality of care to patients and their families.
- Stewardship We provide cost-effective, compassionate, quality care through responsible management of resources.
What Makes Us Different
Our Approach to Care
Our goal is to provide you with the highest standard of care, using the latest technology, multi-disciplinary expertise and evidence-based protocols to develop a treatment plan to meet your individual needs. We believe in treating cancer in a holistic way, which means treating more than the disease. Our care plan includes:
- Nutrition Needs
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Social Workers
- Financial Counseling
- Psychological Services
- Genetic Risk Assessment
- Spiritual Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Nutrition Services
- Support Groups
- Wellness Services
- Survivorship Services
- Caring Arts Program (art therapy)