nurse practitioner/physician assistant - breast surgical oncology
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center located in beautiful Northeast Florida is actively seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our distinguished cancer medicine faculty. Baptist MD Anderson brings an unprecedented level of oncology care to Northeast Florida and provides physicians an appealing blend of community focused patient care and the benefit of an academic-oriented model. Baptist Health is proud to be the regions most preferred healthcare provider, one of only seven unique health systems in the United States chosen to replicate MD Anderson Cancer Center’s multidisciplinary and proven model of care, and the Southeast patient care hub for MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson.
Baptist MD Anderson has opened a brand-new, 330,000 square foot patient-centered, state-of-the-art facility dedicated solely to the full spectrum of oncology care.
- Master of Science
- Certified APRN/PA
- Licensed APRN/PA
- Women’s health experience recommended
- Surgical experience required –First assist preferred
- Inpatient: The APP acts as the first and second assist in the OR. The APP is responsible for: independent rounding on patients in the acute post operative phase who are admitted to the hospital, post operative wound care and pain management, timely collaboration with consulting physicians, coordinates discharge from the hospital, evaluation of new consults
- Outpatient: Evaluates new and existing patients in collaboration with staff physicians, as well as multidisciplinary team, completes outpatient documentation in a timely fashion, performs clinic procedures as applicable
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Night and Weekend call: home call for surgical oncology service during the week, weekend call with inpatient rounding as well as OR coverage for stat or emergency cases
World Famous Quality of Life
Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, professional sports teams, championship tennis clubs, renowned golf courses, diverse heritage and vast cultural experiences. The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life, combining old southern charm with modern Florida flair. Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages.