Areas of Expertise Include:
- Liver, Bile Ducts, and Gallbladder diseases (benign, premalignant, and malignant)
- Pancreatic diseases (benign, premalignant, and malignant)
- Stomach disorders, masses, tumors, cancer
- Intestinal diseases, masses, tumors, cancers
- Spleen or splenic disorders
- Melanoma & other skin cancers
- Sarcoma & other soft tissue tumors
- Adrenal diseases, masses, tumors, cancers
About the Doctor
Niraj Gusani, MD, MS, FACS, is a board-certified general surgeon and fellowship-trained surgical oncologist with more than 15 years of experience in all aspects of cancer surgery. A former tenured professor and an active researcher, Dr. Gusani specializes in minimally invasive surgical techniques for abdominal tumors, including laparoscopy and robotic-assisted surgery. His areas of expertise include:
From the Doctor
Cancer affects patients and their families in a profound way. I have devoted my life and practice to helping patients with complex cancerous and pre-cancerous diseases live a better life, whether that involves surgery or not.
I focus on complete care of the patient, including before, during, and after any cancer treatments. This also means coordinating all of the care with the patient, their family, and all of the cancer doctors involved. Cancer care is a team sport in the 21st century and I fully believe in making sure that the patient should not have to worry about navigating all of the different specialists involved – that we should help lead them through this.
I am delighted to have recently moved to North Florida with my family to take advantage of the warm weather, outdoor activities, friendly people, and welcoming environment. Outside of work, I enjoy tennis, gardening, and hiking.
- Chief, Section of Surgical Oncology
- General Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine - Pittsburgh, PA
2005 - 2007
University of Chicago Medical Center - Chicago, IL
1998 - 2005
Doctor of Medicine - Medical School
University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
1994 - 1998
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
- Baptist Medical Center South
Legal Practice Name
Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Physicians, Inc.