Konstantinos Chouliaras, MD
Areas of Expertise Include:
- Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Peritoneal malignancies
- Liver, bile duct, and gallbladder diseases (benign, premalignant, and malignant)
- Pancreatic diseases (benign, premalignant, and malignant)
- Gastroesophageal tumors (benign, malignant)
- Melanoma, sarcoma and soft tissue malignancies
- Colorectal cancer
- Endocrine tumors (thyroid, adrenal, pancreas)
About the Doctor
Konstantinos Chouliaras, MD, is a board-certified general surgeon and fellowship-trained surgical oncologist who focuses on minimally invasive techniques (robotic and laparoscopic) and the treatment of advanced peritoneal malignancies. Dr. Chouliaras is also an active researcher with more than 50 publications and book chapters to his credit. His areas of expertise include:
From the Doctor
When I am not at work, I enjoy spending time with my wife and daughter. Hiking, swimming and kayaking are some of our favorite activities. Moving from New York to the Sunshine State offers a great opportunity to enjoy year-round outdoor activities.
At BMDA, we believe that the team effort is what makes a difference in terms of prognosis and patient satisfaction. Cancer is a life-changing event for the patient and the whole family and requires multifaceted care and coordination on different levels.
My passion lies in quality improvement and thorough assessment of outcomes. As surgeons, we strive for perfection, so it is of utmost importance to participate in initiatives that aim to improve any and all aspects of care.
- General Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
University of Southern California Med. Center-LAC - Los Angeles, CA
2012 - 2014
Wake Forest Baptist Health - ,
2014 - 2015
Doctor of Medicine - Medical School
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - ,
2005 - 2011
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center - ,
2015 - 2019
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center - ,
2019 - 2021
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
- Baptist Physician Enterprise
Legal Practice Name
Baptist-Southeast Gynecologic Oncology Associates, Inc.