Early Detection of Colorectal Cancer
Colon cancer screening
When colorectal cancer is found at an early stage, before it has spread, the survival rate is about 90%, according to the American Cancer Society. Unfortunately, only 40% of colorectal cancers are found at this early stage.
Who is eligible for colon cancer screening?
If you are 45 or older, you should be eligible for colon cancer screening. You may be eligible at a younger age if you have a family history. Other risk factors include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Not being physically active
- Certain types of diets
- Alcohol use
- A history of colorectal polyps or colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- A family history of colorectal cancer or polyps
- Your racial and ethnic background
Learn More About